7 ways Google Maps you can easily make your holiday travel pain – CNET
This story is part of the , with tips on the best ways to manage the holiday season.
If you grow cold to think about bumper-bumper traffic and long queues at the shops and restaurants in Google Maps on your Android and iPhone ($699 at Amazon) can you help steer clear of crowds and traffic jams with this .
The American Automobile Association, or AAA, predicts more than 49.3 million Americans jump in their cars to travel 50 miles or more this Thanksgiving, the most since 2005. With traffic jams of hits counted three times normal in some cities, a few minutes of planning your trip in Google Maps now could easily save you hours in traffic later.
Google Maps of course can give you turn-by-turn directions to your location and you can evenon the way, so that the most efficient route from point A to point B to point C. you say, . And can you navigate to help, each leg of your commute. But maps can also access other travel tasks, such as alerting, your hosts, if you are late and search for a traveling companion lost Here are seven great options, Google-Maps, you can make sure that you are on the road — and out of line as little as possible.
Avoid holiday — and Black Friday-traffic
If your destination over the Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend, avoiding traffic and people, you’re in luck: Google has to analyze his “big” database brain, to advise of 2018 search and Maps travel patterns in 25 cities, on to beat the best times over the four days the streets and you avoid the lines.
in addition to the instructions on when Google charts are on and off the roads, if you reduce bakeries, grocery stores, liquor stores, cinemas, and shopping malls are the busiest, if you want to, the time you spend standing around with strangers.
Track your route in Google Maps
of course, Google Maps can chart your journeys across the four-day weekend, but it can also quickly show your weekend flight, hotel, rental car and restaurant reservations will save you the trouble of searching through your E-Mail to the check-in times and confirmation of
you can see your upcoming reservations:
1. In Google Maps, tap on the three–line menu up in the upper left corner, and then tap their places.
2. – tap reservations tab.
Here you can see a list of upcoming reservations that you have made that cards drawn from the E-Mails in Gmail.
3. – tap Element to find out more about the reservation, including the date and place.
4. ” in the Google Maps search box to see a list of what they posted.
use your ETA to the right of the cards
in a traffic jam and need to tell your host you’re running late? Here
1 what to do:. , Once you have started your trip, and Google helps you to navigate to, tap the caret – a Symbol (the upside-down V) in the lower-right corner of the screen.
2. – tap Share trip progress, and then choose the ones you want to notify. Cards keep your hosts up-to-date with your current Position and time of arrival.
If you do not take prefer to send your hands from the steering wheel you your ETA, you have Google Maps ask you to do it for you, on your Android or iPhone:
1. In Maps, “Hey, Google.”
2. if you listen to the thing shows Google Assistant will hear, say, “Send me to the ETA.”
3. Google assistant, with whom you want to send your message.
4. , you Confirm your recipients, and Google will tell you to send a SMS message, you are on your way of your expected arrival time.
EV charging spots on your trip
If you want to help your electric vehicle for Thanksgiving dinner, Google Maps can give you the EV charging stations on the route, along with estimated waiting times for a charging connector.
1. In Google Maps, tap on the caret in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. – tap search along the route, and type in “EV charging stations.”
3. Maps to display nearby charging stations and their wait for a port.
4. – tap charging cradle on the card the cards, you add it as a stop on your trip.
(you can also use this trick to search for other places along your route, if, say, your passengers want to be taken to Denny’s for lunch before the big dinner.)
Not cook? You can reserve a table directly in Maps
planning and preparing a Thanksgiving dinner is a multi-day work can. To spend if you’d rather be spending time with family and friends instead of of-sharp knives and hot stoves, Google Maps can help you, book a lunch or dinner on reservation.
1. In Google Maps, tap on the Explore button at the bottom of the screen.
2. tap the Restaurants button at the top of the map and you will see a list of places to eat, sorted by cuisine or distance.
3. tap restaurant, looks good, and in the window that POPs up, reserve a table or to a waiting list, if it gives you that option (do not all).
use Maps offline
Heading somewhere remote where you may not have a mobile network connection? Google Maps can still give you directions when you are offline.
1. , Before you find the head in the Maps for the location you want directions.
2. In the window, tap the location or address: at the bottom.
3. In the Android, tap>to DownloadDownload again and again; in iOS, tap on the three-point-menu in the upper left corner, tap on Download offline map, and then tap Download. Cards will download a map to your phone of the area you selected.
Now, as you Google Maps for the directions to the area you downloaded, and a card for you, if you lose your cellular connection, the cards turn into the offline map to guide you to. To offer since they are not offline, the cards are capable of real-time traffic info, of course.
Share your location
everything Is more crazy out-during a group activity, as if the group split up and no one will find each other can? Google Maps can help bring everyone together again.
1. In Google Maps, tap on the three-line-menu up in the upper left and tap on Location sharing.
2. Choose the one you want to, share your location with and for how long you want to share it.
3. – tap Share and maps send your location to everyone you have selected.
4. If you want to see someone else on the site, tap the person icon to the right up to the window, and then tap on Request.
If it is, after all, they prefer to go out this weekend, here’s howand do your Amazon shopping from home, such as when shopping this weekend and the best online Black Friday deals, we have found. And if you don’t intend your couch for four days, here are our .
Released on Sat, 23 Nov 2019 12:05:01 +0000